- Paneer - 1/4 kg, wash and slice into small pieces
- Besan - 1 cup, (chickpea flour)
- Rice flour - 2 tbsps
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder - ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Ajwain - ½ tsp (carrom seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for deep frying
1. Mix a cup of besan, rice flour, corn four, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder and salt and enough water to make a thick paste.
2. Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel.
3. Dip each paneer piece in the prepared pakoda batter such that it is coated on all sides and place in the hot oil. Deep fry on medium flame to a golden brown shade and remove onto absorbent paper.
4. Place on a serving plate and serve with tomato ketchup.