Sweet Pongal Recipe
Sweet Pongal delicious dish prepared on the occasion of Pongal Festival.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Moong dal - ¼ cup
- Milk - ½ cup
- Ghee- ½ cup
- Cashew - ¼ cup
- Raisins- ¼ cup
- Cardamoms - 3 to 4
- Jaggery - 1 ½ cup
- Dry roast moong dal until it starts to change its color.
- Add rice to the pot. Wash them.
- Add 2 cups water, milk, ghee and cook till soft. You can cook in a cooker or pot
- Roast cashew, raisins and cardamom in ghee to golden.
- In a separate pan take water and add jaggery to it.
- Heat till it forms a syrup consistency.
- Strain it through a strainer to remove impurities.
- Add the cooked rice & dal mixture to the jaggery syrup.
- Stir well by adding warm ghee.
- Add golden roasted cashew, raisins and cardamom
- Combine by stirring gently. Serve hot