Vala chi Usal/ Dalimbi chi Usal
- 1 cup Vaal
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp goda masala
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Jaggery (small piece)
- Fresh grated coconut
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 2tsp oil
- Soaked Tamarind / tamarind sauce
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Vaal overnight. Drain the water and keep in a moist place and let is sprout for 10 hrs
- Cook the sprouted Vaal and keep aside. You can cook in microwave or pressure cooker.
- Heat Oil in Pan, add mustard seed. When mustard seeds starts popping up add curry leaves.
- Add cooked Vaal, salt, goda masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, jaggery and tamarind sauce. Mix Well. Cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Serve hot with Roti/ Fulka o Rice.