VATLI DAL!This is traditionally prepared as a farewell dish to Lord Ganesha, on the Visarjan Day (Anant Chaturdashi).
1 cup gram dal (chana dal), 1 tsp ginger garlic paste (optional), 3 green chilies, 1 cup freshly grated coconut, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp oil and Salt for taste. Method:
1. Soak the chana dal in water for 3-4 hours or in hot water for 1 hour.
2. Drain and coarsely grind with salt, ginger- garlic paste and green chilies.
3. Heat oil and season with mustard and turmeric powder.
4. Add the ground dal, lemon juice and mix well.
5. Cook for 3-4 mins and then take off the flame.
6. Garnish it with grated coconut and fresh coriander and serve.